As I’ve said in the previous post, some of the designs I want to offer at my shop will be new replicas of earrings I wear and love. Here are ten pairs for which I have the right materials. Let’s say I’m trying to pick 5 – which ones would you select? And why?
My current thoughts on these 10:
- “Identity Crisis”: Would keep them stylistically identical, except would vary the length depending on customer’s desire;
- “Pastel Drop”: For the originals, I used some yellow aqua rondelles just above the roze quartz focal bead – I would remove that in future iterations. Also, would perhaps make shorter by ~1cm.
- “Pale Morning”: I’m considering reworking the existing pair – to rework all the wiring in 28g wire instead of the alternating 26 and 30 I have it in right now. Also to add some more blue/purple tone?
- “After Rain”, Silver: Would keep identical, and rework wiring on the smoky quartz focals if I decide to sell my own pair.
- “After Rain”, Gold Filled: Same as #4.
- “Cloudy”: Would offer with fish-hook ear-wires instead of posts.
- “Hammered Amethyst”: I love these as they are. If I could, I’d get similarly chunky unruly amethyst focals – but the ones I have are all more precise squares, and “frosted”. I wonder whether that’ll impact the design visually.
- “Twilight”: Also probably wouldn’t change a thing 😀
- “Midnight Waters”: Probably offer shorter versions? Consider playing with a silver version?
- “Strictly Business”: Would keep the same design, and just use higher gauge wire, perhaps different findings.